Did you know that if you stop smoking for 28 days you're five times more likely to stop for good?
Stoptober is the biggest stop smoking event of the year. Stoptober is a pledge to not smoke during 28 days of October. It has driven over 1 million quit attempts to date and is the biggest mass quit attempt in the country.
Why not join all the people who have succeeded in becoming smokefree and join in this year's challenge.
The Healthy Peterborough Lifestyle Service provides a free and confidential stop smoking service with fully qualified advisors giving practical help and support for your quitting journey. They can advise you of all the treatments out there that can give you the extra support you need to kick the habit for good. Come along to one of the roadshows listed below for face to face advice.
- Friday 15 September, 12noon to 3pm, Ghousia Mosque
- Wednesday 20 September, 10am to 2pm, Regional College
- Thursday 21 September, City Hospital (Mother & Child Unit)
- Friday 22 September, Lincoln Road
- Saturday 23 September, outside the Town Hall, Bridge Street
- Tuesday 26 September, Werrington Shopping Centre
- Wednesday 27 September, Serpentine Green Shopping Centre
- Thursday 28 September, 1pm to 5pm, Marriott Hotel
- Friday 29 September, 12noon to 3pm, Faizan-e-Madina Mosque
- Saturday 30 September, outside the Town Hall, Bridge Street
- Sunday 1 October, outside the Town Hall, Bridge Street
- Tuesday 3 October, outside Asda, Rivergate
- Tuesday 17 October, 10am to 1pm, Voyager Academy
Alternatively contact Peterborough Healthy Lifestyles service on freephone 0800 376 5655.
Everyone’s quitting journey is different, but with Stoptober, you won’t be on your own. Join the thousands quitting smoking with Stoptober and get all the support you need to help you on your quit jouney.
There a lots of ways to quit and Stoptober can help you choose what works for you. You can quit using medication (including nicotine replacement therapies such as patches and gum) or e-cigarettes. Stoptober offers a range of free support to help you including an app, daily emails, Facebook Messenger and lots of encouragement from the Stoptober online community on Facebook. In addition, you can get expert face-to-face advice from local stop smoking services.
Those who use stop smoking aids and who get face-to-face support from their local stop smoking service are up to four times more likely to quit successfully.
Stopping smoking is the best thing you can do for your health and the health of those around you. If you can make it to 28 days smokefree, you’re 5 times more likely to stay quit for good.
Visit our Stop Smoking pages for more advice.